Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I meant to say...

Sometimes, I run across another post on a better blog that says more clearly and concisely what I was poorly trying to say on mine. Please head over to the Cornell Society for a Good Time and look at this write up of Ben Stein's Expelled by blogger Clara for an evaluation that is much more in depth and succint than mine was. If you don't feel like reading the entire article, here is a brief quote from it, echoing my sentiments on the film:

Having seen it, I would neither advise others to see it nor discourage them. If you want to enjoy cheap laughs at the expense of the minions of scientism (a perfectly respectable form of entertainment in my view), you should see it. If you mainly want to get some clarity on the crazy debate surrounding Darwinism, don’t.

I intend to begin looking into some of the specifics of Darwinian evolution, along with the traditional Catholic view of the matter, this summer when I have some more time. In the meantime, check out Clara's post for a good analysis of this controversial film. The Cornell Society for a Good Time can always be found linked up on the sidebar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out tumbleweedjoe on YouTube. He has made a few good videos.